Which equipment will work best at the production hall?
For sure you think where is better to run the software: on a traditional computer or on tablet? The computer is mainly used for displaying an updated list of tasks for individual machines with a possibility of registration of work progress. Additionally each employee can check in / check out on entering the manufacture, so you know their exact working times.
The software is using a web browse, that’s why all actions can be done on tablet/smartphone, and Prodio’s servers are responsible for majority of calculations.
Using Prodio on a tablet
Tablets have great advantage – they are very easy to install at individual machines. They can simply be mounted on the handles and you don’t have to worry about the space need for traditional computer. On top of it, tablets are quite inexpensive, which makes that choice economical. It is recommended when you want to save the space and when your workers are able to register work fast. Tablets work best when the production plan is displayed at the TV screen.
Bar codes are a perfect complement to tablets – next to machines are bar code readers and each time when the procedure is finished, the workers can scan the code to register progress in the system.
However if are only at the testing stage of equipment at your production hall, please bear in mind:
- using a tablet isn’t always as comfortable as it looks, because of protective gloves your employees wear very often. It is also very easy to get your device dirty and in that case it might not work properly.
- visibility and clarity – on the bigger computer screen things will be easier to read, then on the small tablet.
- when your employee accidentally minimizes the browser, at the computer the closed window can be brought back with one click of a mouse.
- it is very important to remember a possibility of entering comments into the software ‒ using a cable keyboard connected to a computer guarantees speed and ease.
Using Prodio on a computer
- Using a computer means having a bigger screen, which results in greater clarity of displayed content.
- One of the indisputable advantages of the computer is an intuitive operation, almost anybody can use it without bigger problems.
- Installation and configuration are easier in comparison with tablets and mobile phones.
- Attachments – if there is a photograph or technical documentation attached to a product, it is much easier and faster to open it on the computer then tablet.
When there aren’t many working stations at the production hall (only one or two) or when you are not sure what would work best, a computer (not a tablet) seems to be the perfect choice.
There is of course a dilemma: should you use a laptop or a traditional desktop computer with an additional monitor?
A desktop computer: it is more efficient and faster, but it seems to be more economical to invest in laptops.
Laptops: one of the main advantages is very easy configuration, because of its built-in wi-fi module, so getting online it’s is much faster. In case of power cuts at the production hall. laptop’s battery can last for a few hours until, the electricity is back on and a restart won’t be necessary.
goes to after leasing equipment 🙂
A laptop connected to a keyboard and a monitor – it is an ideal solution, which you can use at your production hall. A valuable addition to the above set will be a standard keyboard and a mouse connected by cable. Considering the conditions at the production hall (dust and dirt) it will be easier and cheaper to replace, then notebook keypad.
Technical requirements for computers
Technical parameters for computers are not excessive, because their main task is limited to displaying a website, as all calculations are done on sever. For the web browser to work smoothly is needed:
- 4 GB RAMi processor Intel i3 (when at the computer are going to be displayed many machines, minimal requirement is 8 GB RAM and i5)
- Windows 7 or newer (recommended Windows 10)
- Updated Google Chrome browser
- Notebook’s screen (the bigger, the better – the best is 15,6 HD+)
- external monitor (recommended) 22” or bigger (optimally FullHD 24”)
- CABLE KEYBOARD + CABLE MOUSE