Your magic board with always updated production planFirst steps in Prodio - how to use production planning
That’s it! You will not waste your money!
Have you recently experienced any of below problems which cut your profits:
- The employees on stand by waiting for you to assign tasks to them personally.
- Chaos at the production, which even if you put in extra hours, is not changing into icreased productivity.
- The employees wandering aimlessly, asking about progress or whether the element is ready at the machine.
- Stressful situations caused by lack of control and inability to pinpoint your orders status.
- Incomplete information, which stops you from accepting extra work or slowing you down, as you don’t know what’s the capacity of individual machnes.
If you anwer yes at least once, there is good news – the solution is within your reach and it is production planning.
Always updated lists of tasks for each operation or individual machine – Prodio’s production plan.
- The data is always current as computers at the production hall are able to exchange information with your personal computer online and updated production plan is always displayed.
- At any time you are able to change work order and add new tasks (from manager’s account). They are straight away displayed at your production hall.
- The employees are able to see a simplified view only and don’t have access to all functions (ex. checking Clients, products), but they can rcheck in / check out their working time.
- For better communication you and your employees both can add to production plan comments (they can be displayed at the plan straight away).
Production plan as easily accessible list of tasks
What’s the easiest form of assigning tasks that everybody understands? SIMPLE LIST OF TASKS, that’s why in Prodio employees see production plan in a form of list of task for each individual machine / operation and know exactly what to do and in which order.
- The employee always chooses the first from the top task on the list.
- Once the task is completed it’s marked green or it dissappears (depending on settings) and the employee can move onto next task.
You can change the order of tasks from your computer – just drag the particular task up or down to the required position on the production plan. All changes will be visible within a few seconds at the production. What’s important you can react quickly – because you see who is working a particular task and what’s the progress. When there is a problem with completion of order, employees can leave a comment, and you will see it as a pop-up cloud regarding last operations.
Production plan set for machines or operations?
In Prodio you decide how a production plan will be set, by ordering tasks – by simply naming particular lists (Settings -> Machines/Operations). Think how you see your production and try to replicate it in the software.
Tip: different manufacturers use categories such as “Preparing technology” or “Cooperation services” and mark them as operations on the production plan, which allows them to see production as an overall technological process.
The production plan can be divided into clear desktop panels, separate for each production hall or group of machines
- You can have any number of computers / tablets at the production hall and you can display all machines on all computers or devide them into desktop panles.
- The devision of the production plan to different desktop panels makes it clearer for employees – one computer displays only thiese machines / operations, which are necessary.
- You, as a manager, have a full access to all data and desktop panels directly from your computer.
You can see machines occupancy and you know straight away whether you keep a deadline
In a small manufacture there isn’t time to waste it on setting a precise production schedule/ There are too many variables and there is too much work, so the constant corrections would make it pointless.
All you need is a clear view, how much time is left for particular operations, a forecast of machines occupancy – to make a decission whether you are able to accept futher orders. This is the funcionality you get from preparing a production plan in Prodio.
Additionally the software will let you know which orders are overdue, marking them red – and you can receive an e-mail with this information if requested.
You know exactly what is happening at the production hall and can react adequatly
Prodio gives you a complete array of tools, so at any time you know:
- Who is working, what time they started, wheter they complete machine tasks.
- Which machines / operations are now in motion and who is working and where.
- Which stage are particular oreders at, and who is working them.
- What and how efficiently has been produced and if there were any important comments during prodution.
Obviously, you can access getprodio.com not only on your computer, but also on your smartphone – so you have always your production with you.
Your employees will not waste time to find out whether they can start the next procedure or is it still underway.
That’s it! No more wandering and asking what to do! The bigger the production hall, the worse it usually is and the workerers waste time checking whether they can work on the said item or if it’s still waiting for completion at the previous machine.
The good production plan should show employee visually not only what they have to do, but what from the list can be actually made.
Apart from marking with the dark colour, the employee at the different production hall / different operation can see what stage is the product at, how much was already completed (ex. can they take the first pieces from the milling machine and start sanding).
Do you have any questions?
We are glad to help 🙂
Let’s chat (the right-hand corner of the screen) or talk on the phone, call us: +48 692 450 815
We are happy to hear from you from Monday to Saturday 8.00am to 8pm